Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Few Weeks In

Well it's been a few weeks since I posted. I have been really busy; and really is an understatement! I finished the 5 weeks of classes!!! WOOHOO! Now I have been student teaching for 2 weeks now. I don't teach all of the classes yet. Right now I teach Science, Math, and Spelling. I also take care of the morning, lunch, and afternoon routine. Since I am at this segregated Emotionally Impaired facility there are many different rules and schedules to keep the students on track with their learning so the behavior does not affect it as much. 
I love it there so far. It has been tough trying to catch on to all of the little details I need to know, but I am working really hard. My mentor has been really great! We get there at 7:45 am and have stayed past 7 pm about 4 out of the 9 days I have been there so far. Sometimes we don't even work during that whole time. We just talk and it is really nice, because then we understand and trust each other more. 
So, am I glad I'm done with the treacherous 5 weeks of classes? Oh, heck yes!!!
Am I loving my students teaching placement and mentor? Definitely!
Now, for the rest of my family. All is well in Arlington Heights, IL. Kendall's checking out potential colleges. GO HOPE!!!!! (Although she says, NO!) Mom is working and loving her new kids! Dad is still enjoying the smell of those marshmallows! 
Unfortunately, we lost a dear family member, Peppers. On October 2nd, Peppers was put to sleep. He had lived his full life and unfortunately it was his time. He was a one of a kind dog! No pup can replace him. I know he isn't at home anymore, but I don't think it will hit me entirely until I get home and he's not sleeping in my room anymore at night and waking my dad up at 4:30 in the morning to let him outside. 
Peppers, I love you so much and I will see you again someday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment